Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Hickmon & Perrin, PC is a niche law firm trusted by fiduciaries, attorneys, accountants, entrepreneurs, executives, family business owners and financial planners to help them sift through the legal complexities associated with estate planning, fiduciary disputes, business transactions, wealth transfer, tax and executive compensation planning in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia.
Firm principals James Hickmon and Christian Perrin are North Carolina Board Certified Specialists in Estate Planning and Probate Law. The Firm provides tailored services related to:
- Trust and Estate Planning
- Fiduciary Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Corporate Law and Business Formation
- Business Succession Planning, Sales, Mergers, and Acquisitions
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
The firm generally accepts new clients on referral from fellow attorneys, trust professionals, family office and high-net-worth asset-management firms, wealth managers, public accountants, insurance professionals and current and former firm clients. Hickmon & Perrin, PC has built its foundation through its relationships with highly skilled professionals who have experienced a high level of satisfaction with the caliber of the firm’s legal services.
The firm’s clients include:
- Corporate fiduciaries and individuals serving as an executor or administrator of a decedent’s estate or as trustee of a trust
- High net worth individuals and families in need of estate planning and strategic tax counsel
- Beneficiaries of estates and trusts
- Employer sponsors and trustees of ERISA governed qualified retirement plans and welfare benefit plans
- Entrepreneurs and family members of owners of closely-held or family owned businesses
Hickmon & Perrin’s attorneys aspire to be the very best at what they do. The firm recognizes that its clients operate in a very complex world and face intricate issues and challenges. For that reason, Hickmon & Perrin’s scope of practice focuses on only a few discrete areas of the law. Our philosophy is to focus our time, energy, and resources in order to maintain the very highest level of competence within our fields of practice.
For these reasons:
- The firm has received an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- The firm’s attorneys have been consistently selected by the members of the North Carolina Bar as being members of Business North Carolina Magazine’s Legal Elite in Tax and Estate Planning or as a member of the Legal Elite’s Young Guns
- The firm’s attorneys are frequently invited to speak at continuing education functions for fellow attorneys, CPAs, CFPs and insurance agents
- The firm’s attorneys have authored numerous articles on wealth transfer, tax, probate, executive compensation and fiduciary responsibility issues in both regional and national publications, including the Bureau of National Affairs Tax Management & Compensation Planning Journal and the American Bar Association’s Probate and Property magazine